Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 1, 2008

Week 12

It's Friday again. Baby Ethan is 12 weeks old now, in other words, he's also 3 months big. Time flies. He is more responsive to people now, and seems to recognize people around him. Flash him a smile, and he'll smile back at you promptly. He's quite chatty too, when one talks to him, he'll answer back in his baby language, and the sweet part is sometimes when I sing, he'll sing along with me using his melodic 'ang kng' chain..soo cute :)

I kinda self 'hum' some songs for baby Ethan. Will sing him these songs on a routine basis so as to tell him in a way that it's 'bom bom' (bathe) time, time to sleep etc.

Head-to-toe(I sing this song while I'm taking off Ethan's clothes and cleaning him)
Head-to-toe,
Ethan's going head-to-toe,
Head-to-toe, head-to-toe,
My baby's washing from head-to-toe

(this part is sung as I place him into his bath tub)
Going down,
Ethan is going down,
Going down, going down,
My baby's going from head-to-toe

It's A Beautiful Day (I sing this song after Ethan's shower, while applying lotion on his body and putting on his clothes, nappy)
It's a beautiful day,
The Lord has made it for me,
It's a beautiful day,
The Lord has made it for me,
It's a beautiful day,
The Lord has made it for me,
Jesus loves me and this I know is true.

I've got a beautiful name,
And Ethan is my name,
I've got a beautiful name,
Ethan is my name,
I've got a beautiful name,
Ethan is my name,
Jesus loves me and this I know is true.

It's a beautiful day...
I've got a beautiful name...
It's a beautiful day, I've got a beautiful name,
Life is so beau-ti-ful

Rock-a-bye baby (This isnt my composition, sing this to put him to sleep)

Although these are simple songs, I can sense that Ethan gets familiar with the tunes, and he'll give me a secure look which tells me that he trusts I'll take good care of him :)

As Ethan means 'strong', I'm pretty sure my baby is a strong (and rough) boy.
5 reasons why I say so:
1) His cries, coughs, burps, hiccups, yawns, are twice as loud than my cousin's baby
2) He farted so loud that he himself got shocked and cried (blogged this earlier)
3) When I was patting him to sleep 2 nights ago, suddenly he laughed loudly, like an adult!
4) Once papa Len tried to sound stern while talking to Ethan, and he marah (scolded) his daddy back with fierce 'ang kng'. Both his parents were stunned!
5) He snored while sleeping in my mil's arms!

I wonder if other babies (sebaya Ethan) are like that, haha. But whatever it is, he's still our dear bundle of joy, and his unique features make us love him more each day :))

Will try to upload more pics in the next blog. Blessed weekend, everyone!

No comments: