Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 23, 2008

10 days old

Baby Ethan is 10 days old today. He's been sleeping and feeding well, I've managed to breastfeed him successfully (yay, another milestone for me as a new mother ;p), though tiring nevertheless it's rewarding. Each day I'm learning new skills on how to take care of my precious one, changing his nappy when he poo/urine, understanding his needs when he cries, feeling contented each time I manage to resolve his cry. Every 2-3 hours he'll cry of hunger, shortly after each feed, he'll poo or urine. Compared to feeding him with milk powder the first few days, breastmilk is better in a way it helps him to digest faster and poo/urine more, according to paediatrician it also helps to flush out his jaundice.

Baby Ethan got a bit of jaundice, thus was hospitalised for 2 nights for the phototherapy treatment last week. His condition has been improving since, and we'll send him for another blood test later today to check the jaundice level. Let's hope that he'll be alright as jaundice is quite a common thingy esp among Chinese babies.

Papa Len was here over the last weekend, he simply missed his son (and me too, I hope, hehe) so much that he decided last minute to fly over, taking advantage of Mon's public holiday (wesak day).


Like father, like son


Len & Len Jr

More recent pics of baby Ethan (any chance his features will change to look at least 10% like me? haha)


Our lil angel





I'm in my 2nd week of confinement (2 more weeks to go..tsk tsk). Been eating heaty stuffs, taking 5 meals a day, frantically sweating away after each meal. I've lost 9kg after giving birth, and additional 2kg past few days (guess it's due to sleepless nights and breastfeeding). Currently my weight is 65kg, so 7kg more to shed. Been confined in my bedroom together with baby Ethan, banned from going downstairs. Time seems to pass so slowly I've even lost count today is Friday.

Well, have a great weekend everyone! Don't forget to catch the movie 'Indiana Jones' cos someone here is wondering when she'll be able to go for movies again...

No comments: