Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Proud Father,Hubby

13th May 2008,11.05pm - My child is born and Ethan Teoh Yong Shen is his name. It was the happiest moment of my life to witness the miracle of GOD! My heart beat fast as I saw him come out. His eyes were open and he cried. The doctor cut his umbilical cord and attached the cord blood to the cryocord bag. The doc's handwork was pretty fast but he never offered me to cut the umbilical cord..what man..maybe he knew how I felt at that moment by looking at my face...hehe. So he handed Ethan to two of the mid wives. I watched him from a distance maybe 3-4 meters away. As I stood there a question popped in my mind whether is this really real?? My world was silent for awhile as my eyes just focus on Ethan.
I just couldn't believe that there is now an additional member in my family! :)
The mid wife's laughter caught my attention again...
1st one cleaned Ethan's body and the other one attached tube into Ethan's nose and mouth. I got a shock when the 2nd mid wife did her job! The tube was pushed into Ethan's nose and mouth. My heart shouted " Wei,what are you doing ah?" Anyway I just kept silent as I watched the mid wives carry out their duties. After completing their duties they called me to see Ethan nearer. Ethan was wrapped in a towel with his eyes open wondering where he is now.I called his name and he seemed to recognize it, wondering the voice came from. I touched him and later I decided to carry him. As I held him in my arms my heart just felt the warmth, I was overjoyed!

For my wife she's the so called champion of the "marathon" and deserved my highest respect.Though she was in terrible pain,agony and restlessness she determined herself to endure through that critical moment.I was with her all the way and there was nothing much I can do and even words of encouragement didn't seems to help in her situation.But she told me that my presence to be with her was all she wanted.
She battled the pain for many many hours and she was really really tired when the pushing of the baby moment arrived.I just don't know how to explain on her pain at that time.I know it must be God to grant her the strength to do it!At last she did it!
I have to admit that God granted women extra ordinary strength than men do.Well it's up to a person to believe it or not.
I thank God for HIS goodness and faithfulness. HIS love and mercy endures forever.
I also thank family members and friends for their continuous support in prayer for Lis and baby Ethan.

Well Lis and I have chosen the name Ethan Teoh Yong Shen for our son. It means
Ethan = endurance,strong,steadfast
Yong = glorious
Shen = victory

All glory to God!

Len

No comments: