Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ethan Teoh Yong Shen







Jeng jeng jeng!! Here he is, Ethan Teoh Yong Shen, born on the 13 May at 11.05pm, weigh 3.2kg. I was admitted at 8.00am and started induction at 8.30am (cervix was still thick and hadn't dilated). Didn't feel any pain for the first dosage's 4 hours limit. Doc checked my cervix at 12.30pm and it has dilated 2 cm.

Started drip on 12.30pm, mild contraction slowly began. Cervix dilation progressed real slow (only 4pm at 6pm), according to midwife it's because this is my first pregnancy, hence my cervix is thick. At 7pm, contraction became stronger, and stronger as time passed by. I kept telling myself to hang on, that it's just another couple of hours more to go before I can see my precious child. Papa Len was with me all the while, helping me to relax and reminding me to breathe correctly.

9.30pm, the pain was getting unbearable (cervix dilated to 7cm). I began to shout and cry, at certain points I almost wanted to give up. Mom came in and tried to give additional support. With both hubby and mom by my side, and with prayers from relatives and friends, and of course with God's grace, somehow I made it through that most painful moment in my life.

Baby Ethan's cry was first heard at 11.05pm with the help of vacuum delivery from doc. With limited energy left, I had to use the alternative method. It was also discovered then the cord hanging around baby's neck is also blocking one of his hands, that's why it was hard to push him out with my might.

I was soo relieved when I saw a round black thingy (without spec,at that point I was wondering what that could be - turned out to be baby's hair, haha) come out. Ethan is so hairy, not only he has much hair, but his forehead, face, shoulders are hairy too!

Guess it's pretty clear whom his features take after...his papa lor. Except for the hairy part which papa insists is from my side, hhmmmm...

The bundle of joy is here, as the journey of parenthood resumes for Len & I :)

8 comments:

tulip-mania said...

Lisa Cheh,

Congrats on your bundle of joy... yes, he looks like his papa very very much ^_^

Take care and hope to see you soon!

hugs,
jenny

Anonymous said...

lennard junior. haha.

congrates eh. happy for u 2.

Anonymous said...

congratz.
14.5 hrs is a very long time...
Is May 13th a chosen date? :P

Anonymous said...

Sis Lisa!

Congratulations on your firstborn. God bless you and your family!

Arnold & Arianne

rachellmc said...

congratulations!! He's so cute!!! and super lots of hair (on head).. hehe.. yeah.. he looks so much like his dad.. as the saying goes, "like father, like son"....u looked as though u lost some weight.. so fast... hehehe... take care u all.. :)

Bing said...

Liz!!! Waaahahaha...so happy for the two of you. Love the pic of all of you three.

Baby Ethan's sooooooooooooooo cute leh!!! Can I cubit cubit his cheeks yet? :p

Hope everyone's feeling well. Take good care of yourself yah.

Warm hugs,
Bing

Bing said...

Oh! Almost forgot...my warmest congratulations to the both of you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, congratulation to you and Len.
Welcome Ethan to this world and good to see both of you are safe.
He is exactly or 100% resemble daddy...He is soooo cute.... so fast open his both eyes to see things.

Hugs from Evane and family