Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 26, 2008

Ethan's Baby Shower


Mom's cell group friends, with the 'shower' dishes


Me and my high-school friends


Cool term 'baby shower' being used here ;p I wanted to blog about last Sat's makan session but was wondering what term to use, thought of just calling it baby Ethan's thanksgiving. Thanks to Huai Bin who is a step faster than me to blog about this (www.sixthseal.com) :)

In Foochow culture (that's 50% of my ethnic - another 50% Teochew), unlike most other Chinese ethnics, they don't celebrate baby's fullmoon. Rather they will invite friends and relatives over to their places for makan, and this is usually held within the first month, some as early as the first 2 weeks. The main dish served is misua with chicken soup, eggs, followed by some other extra dishes.

Most guests who came (friends and relatives) are my parents and grandpa's invitees. For me, I just asked my high-school friends who're in Sibu to come together for Sat lunch. It was great to see them again, as normally this kind of gathering only occurs once a year during Chinese New Year, and yea, I have to admit I feel kinda old as most have not settled down.

Everyone felt happy though tired that day. Baby Ethan is a blessing to us :)

Here are some of his pics taken this morning of my sleeping child, I think he has grown a lil rounder, hehe


No comments: