Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 18, 2008

It's TGIF again

Heyo, how is everyone doing? Hope all is well :) I'm still alive here, in case some of you may be wondering if I've gone missing the past few days, well, I'm still carrying my big tummy, waiting for baby Ethan to make his way out.

It's a rainy day, thank God for the cool weather. Aunty Judy from Miri (dad's younger sis) is here for a day company trip. Over lunch just now, she and mum were discussing about how to prepare confinement food. It seems that the Foochows eat 6 meals (yes, the figure is correct, 6 precisely! haha) a day for confinement, and the menu consists mainly of 'spare parts' (different organs of animals). Apparently, they believe by eating specific organ ie. kidney, it'll help to 'bu' (improve the health condition) the mum's kidney, and the same applies for other organs. Being a 'spare part' lover, I don't have problem with that, hehe, but of course, too much of something is not good either. And thank God mama ((I'm using 'mama' to refer to my mum to avoid confusion between calling myself 'mum' and her :p) said it's not necessary to follow the culture here, as long as I'm comfortable and have enough to eat, that's good enough. Phew..

For baby's full moon, normally the main dish to serve guests is misua (long thin Chinese noodle) with chicken soup. Mama has standby 10kg of 'misua' and couple of bottles of red and white wine. I was astonished to see that as she showed my aunt what she has. Bravo mama! While they were chatting over the lunch table, I could feel baby Ethan kicking excitingly, as if he's happily anticipating his own arrival :)

Weekend is approaching again, time flies, let me enjoy the last few days being a pre-mum before the first cry of Len & my firstborn is heard. Blessed weekend, everyone!

No comments: